Multiple Pepperflash dll?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by new2security, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. new2security

new2security Registered Member

Hi all,

I'm currently running up-to-date Chrome version 24.0.1312.57m and since that particular update, the flash plugin does not load / work. Upon closer examination, I've noticed there are two instances of pepflashplayer.dll -

a) C:\Users\abcd\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Pepperflash\11.6.602.167\pepflashplayer.dll -> Version 11.6.602.167

b) C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\24.0.1312.57\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll -> Version 11.5.31.137

If I empty the /User Data /../Chrome /../Pepperflash folder, I can watch youtube. What gives?
    Why are there two versions and more importantly, why do the pepflashplayer.dll exist in two places?

Thanks.

2. richo

richo Registered Member

Flash was updated a couple of days ago. Google chose to push the flash update into the current version of chrome, instead of issueing a new version of chrome. Even if you delete & reinstall chrome, it will do the same thing. I guess it will be fixed in the next update of chrome.

3. new2security

new2security Registered Member

Hi.

But the Chrome upgrade happened, with the non-functional plug-in, way before Adobe pushed out their update.
    Yeah nothing much to do than wait for Chrome to catch up.
    I can run flash if I delete the current pepflash dll but I don't want to run an outdated plug-in for security reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.