Multiple Mirrors?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by billybarule, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billybarule

billybarule Registered Member

Is it possible to setup multiple mirrors of the ESET Signatures?
    Clients at remote sites seem to be having difficulty downloading updates from my ERAS. Some eventually get connected and pull the updates, but in the last 48 hours, only about 15 of 90 remote systems have successfully done this.
    The remote sites have high speed connections, 2-3MB DSL, Cable, etc. - one site even has a 10MB circuit. All are connected via site-to-site VPNs between Cisco ASA firewalls.
    Thanks.

2. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Are you using the web server built into ERAS? If so, I'd recommend switching to another web server. I switched to using IIS and it solved all my client download issues I had with downloading updates.

IIS Setup KB Article

3. billybarule

I was using the built-in HTTP Server. I have changed to the IIS Server, still seeing the same issues.
    Many hosts are reporting "Update information is not consistent". Have tried clearing cache on both sides (client and ERAS), still same issue.
    Help!
    Thanks.

4. billybarule

Well, I found my resolution.
    I cranked up the logging verbosity on a problem client, and didn't get any additional information. I then opened upd.ver from the client's C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Updfiles directory, using Notepad. In there, I found an http link that referenced my content filtering appliance (we use St. Bernard iPrism). As this is a remote site from where my ERA Mirror is located, the traffic was passing through the content filter (transparent, not proxy) to get to the VPN Tunnel.
    Ultimately, I had to create a rule in my iPrism to not check traffic that was destined to my ERAS. This is something I've dealt with in the past, particularly in siturations where HTTP requests are made on ports other than 80. I didn't check this initially, as some requests were succeeding.

Mods: I don't know how closely you're following each and every thread in here, but I wonder if some of the other update issue posts are possibly experiencing this issue. I ultimately wound up at a "Update information is not consistent" error on the clients, which got me to digging around in the profile files. If this is a relevant solution for others, how to cross-post for the benefit of all?

Thanks!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.