Multiple copies

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by PaulC, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulC

PaulC Registered Member

I'm thinking of purchasing licenses for 2 computers. On the trial version it looks like the Serial # is tied to the email address, so how is this handled for multiple licenses on the same email?

TIA.

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

You are looking for an official response, but an unofficial quick guess..., the activation over the Internet, if you exceeded the number of licenses purchased, you just won’t be-able to activate. :doubt:

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Yes, you can activate for the number of licenses you have bought, with the same serial number.

Regards,

Frederic

4. cruchot

cruchot Registered Member

Hi Frederic,

I have 2 computers. So after buying 2 licenses I can active it 1x on each computer, right? What if I reinstall LnS, what if I reinstall the operating system?

5. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

This company isn’t associated with Microsoft, ... this product you can activate and re-activate several times without problems. ;)

6. cruchot

Thanks. Then I misunderstood the above post by Frederic. Thought number of licenses = max. number of activations.

7. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

There are anyway some checks, and we can blacklist the serial numbers if the number of activations is really too high compared to the number of licenses bought for that serial number.

If you buy a single license, you are authorized to use it and activate it on one computer.
    If you buy multiple licences, you are authorized to use the same serial and activate it, on the number of PCs corresponding to the number of licences.

If you don't respect this, the user license agreement is not respected.

If you know a machine is not stable, and will be re-installed very soon, it is better to not activate the licence yet (knowing the software works fully in trial mode).

Regards,

Frederic

8. cruchot

Hi Frederic,

thanks for your response.

One reason for my question: I reinstall my OS several times during a year, and maybe even several times in a shorter period.

9. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Why not have few image backups e.g.:
    1. after install OS
    2. after install all OS updates
    3. after install security applications
    etc,
    etc.

It saves you much time and effords if you plan often reinstall your OS.
    Also you won't have any problems with active/deactive your current softwares and applications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.