Multiple computer family - discount package?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by spibr, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spibr

spibr Registered Member

Would Acronis please put some real thought in to multiple computer families.

I'm a very happy Acronis user on my main pc, but across my family we have 7 pc's and laptops. I'd like to put Acronis on all of them, but paying full price is just too much (the kids computers and the print server for instance are not critical enough for this level of cost)

A family discount package would be very attractive however, and I suspect I'm not the only user in this position.

We do have a wifi network connecting all the computers - would one of the enterprise versions back up all the computers across the network at reasonable cost?

2. spibr

spibr Registered Member

PS just bought a second copy, as have had more than a few issues with swmbo's computer, and she wanted same facilities. Not going to pay for that across all 7 computers though.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello spibr,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used.

So you should have 7 copies of the software if you want to use Acronis True Image on all your computers.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase. We assure you that we will find a suitable price solution for you.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

Please be aware that none of the currently available Acronis True Image versions supports wireless network. Please take a look at this previous post for details.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. spibr

spibr Registered Member

Tatyana,

thanks for the response. Yes I'm aware that I need a licence per computer, hence my query.

I'll happily contact your sales team, but I suspect that your sales may be helped a great deal if you put family packages on your website, as not all looking there will find this forum, and be told that discounts are available for multiple purchases

I looked hard on your site and found no information on multiple purchases except for your commercial versions, and then went searching and found this forum. Not all with make as much effort

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I agree. There has been a very dramatic shift to multiple PC households in the last few years and I really don't think the software industry has taken a realistic view of the situation. I think this could be a real marketing opportunity.

Microsoft apparently gives a paltry discount for multiple licenses of XP but probably for the retail versions only. The best one I have seen is PicaJet photo cataloging software. 5 PC household for the price of 2 licenses.

6. spibr

spibr Registered Member

I realise I'm probably exceptional, we have far too many computers

The reality is I'd like to put True Image on all of them, but not at the cost of buying one for each at full cost.

I'll give the sales team a call, and will report back, but Acronis are missing a trick by not giving a family package on their website.

As off last night, we now own two licensed copies, as Swmbo realised that my format of backup backup backup, works! She has had so many problems and reinstalling OS then reinstalling all the other (licensed) programs on her computer, it would be far easier to use a separate usb external hard drive and True Image.

The kids computers and the computer it all hangs off don't have so many issues, so we don't see them as being as cost effective to install True Image on, not to mention the ancient print server, which is a computer from many years ago, and not worthy of £30 (whatever that is in dollars)

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello spibr,

Please be aware that at the moment you can purchase Acronis True Image 9.0 at a discounted price only if you buy 10 or more licenses. However, there always can be some exclusions for the specific cases. Moreover, the amount of a discount can vary as well. In order to obtain Acronis True Image 9.0 at a discounted price please do as Tatyana has suggested and send an e-mail describing your issue to our Sales Team.

Your proposition about providing family packages has been forwarded to the respective person and will certainly be considered.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

8. Dad-SA

Dad-SA Registered Member

I'm in the same situation.

I have two computers. My wife has a computer. My three children have computers.

Does this mean I had $800-1000 for each system and therefore enough money to afford $50 for each license? NO!

I have piecemealed these systems together over 10-15 years. With a total cost over those 15 years of about $700. The systems may not be very expensive, but the the data on them is priceless. This is where your software come into play.

If you had a 5 license for the cost of 2 option, I would need to buy one of those and a single license to meet my needs. a total cost of $150 instead of $300.

This would mean a huge difference to me and my budget.

I would be faithful and legal without completely breaking the bank.

Please look at this seriously. It's better to offer individuals a way to pay for licenses that earns a little less money but makes a loyal customer than to try to gouge every dime now and have people like myself not purchase your software and hope for the best.

Thank you for listening.

Regards,
    Dad-SA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.