Multiple bootable Partitions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by secret, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. secret

secret Registered Member

Hi!

I created an image of an HP-server, full disk using TI 8 (768 ). On that disk are 2 partitions: 1st one is the hp specific system partiton, the 2nd is a standard windows partition.
    When i write that image back, the server always boots into the hp partition starting the system tools, I found no way to get into windows.

BTW: That partition is (usually) started only when F10 is pressed in a certain moment, if it wasn't, windows would boot.

Is my image corrupt (check said the image was ok) or is there an error within TI 8?

Thanks for any hint...

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello secret,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We recommend you to update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 826 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

Could you please do the following?

- Download the Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the 'report.txt' file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure. We will help you with this problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.