multi network instant messengers

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Michael_aust, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_aust

Michael_aust Registered Member

I was wondering what multi network isntant messengers would people suggest ones that cn conect to yahoo, msn, aim etc? I have been looking a Gaim and Trillian whihc is better and do they include any unpleasent things?

Thanks

Michael :)

2. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Hi Michael, :)

Alot of people would agree that Trillian is a good choice.
    When I used to use it, it was lightweight, and absolutely no spy/or other unwanted things added.
    There are actually lots of multi-messengers available ~ seems hard to make up ones mind. But not all perform as one want it to. Pros and cons on usually all. :doubt:

But another one that seems to be "adored" is Miranda:

http://www.miranda-im.org/

You can download plug-ins that will make the at first pretty plain messenger
    to your liking. Have a look. ;)

3. Michael_aust

I have another question about multi network messengers are they as suseptable to worms etc like msn, yahoo etc like the ones that were recently discovered (can remember there names). Would you say im safer uses one of these then msn?

Thanks again

4. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Michael, ALL IM's are suspectible to viruses. Especially when one does filetransfers and other things we shouldn't do, you know - like clicking on links, blah blah...

I usually hear more problems with the original messengers than the multi's.
    But you never know.

My Avast Anti-virus scanner protects some of the multis (Trillian, Miranda and a couple more,) and the main ones.

5. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

this was just released yesterday.

6. Michael_aust

I decided to go with Gaim. I tried miranda but that was a bit to much hard work. It merged mine and my sistes accounts together so I decided to not bother. Gaim is good though. Does anyone know if there are any skisn for it to brighten it up a bit or anything. Another thing my Avast antivius says it protects instant messenging with Gaim, but when i did a fle transfer it didnt do a scan. There are no options in the preferences of Gaim to get it to scan all downloaded files does anyone know how to get it to. Because as far as I know it didnt scan, no message appeared saying if it was clean or infected i had to manauly tell it to scan. Any ideas how to get t auto scan.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.