Much trouble running acronis Privacy Expert hard disc wiping programs

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by 1984, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1984

1984 Registered Member

Here is my situation:

I am experiencing consistent problems using the Bruce Schneier, Peter Gutman, and German Standard hard disk free space clean-up algorithms. None of them is able to complete its task past about 20-30%.

Fast Wipe, Russian GOST P50739-95, and NAVSO P-5239-26 (RLL) or (MFM) can be run with no problem, but are less secure than the aforementioned wipe methods.

This was not a problem with the last version of Privacy Expert (2003) that I purchased from Acronis.

I'm using the same operating system with the new privacy expert suite version 7.0 as I was with the 2003 version, which is Windows XP.

I recently purchased 2 Privacy Expert Suite version 7.0 software products from Acronis for the very purpose of using these three methods of wiping and securing the free space on two of my office computers. These computers are used to process law office client files, so these functions are essential to maintain the security of privileged information when it is deleted.

I have already downloaded and installed the update build that Acronis previously recommended when I inquired about this problem a few weeks ago. This did not correct the problem.

The process is being inturrupted and aborted with the error notification message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error

Program:C:\ProgramFiles\Acronis\PrivacyExpert\PrivacyExpert.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application support team for more information.

Can anyone here give me some advice or relate to this problem because they have had the same experience?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Is this update available for Privacy Expert Suite included in Power Utilities?

4. SJTuk

SJTuk Guest

I've had exactly the same problem for months. Acronis say they've replicated the problem but not yet solved it. Did the latest download (537) solve the problem ? I thought it didn't.

5. RandyE

RandyE Guest

I've been having this problem for months. In fact, none of the wiping methods work at all. Upon launch, I instantly get a message saying that the program completed successfully. Obviously, it didn't run in under a second. I just downloaded the lates build (541) and it STILL doesn't fix the problem.

Many weeks ago, I exchanged e-mails with customer support who told me that this latest build would correct everything. It didn't.

I am completely at a loss and my patience is running out.

6. Acronis Support

Hello RandyE,

Could you please let me know the Acronis ticket number of your request or the email address from which you have contacted support@acronis.com (you can send me a private message with your email address)?

I will contact our developer responsible for Acronis Privacy Expert Suite and alert him about this problem.

Thank you.

7. Laurent

Laurent Guest

Exactly same prob !!!

" Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error

Program:C:\ProgramFiles\Acronis\PrivacyExpert\PrivacyExpert.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application support team for more information. "

i use latest 541 version...

8. Acronis Support

Hello Laurent,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Privacy Expert Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/privacyexpert/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Have you contacted our Support Team (support@acronis.com) regarding this problem? Please contact them and we will do our best in order to resolve this problem as soon as possible.

Thank you.

9. SJTuk

SJTuk Guest

See my message of Aug 25, my Acronis Ticket number for the problem is 53419 - I first reported it on Monday 8 March 2004 and have chased many times !!!

10. Acronis Support

Hello SJTuk,

We regret to inform you that this problem is not resolved yet. I have alerted this issue to our Development Team and they will try to fix it as soon as they can.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.