mst Defrag?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by whitedragon551, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

2. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I had it once. I don't believe it did what it claimed, but the idea was nice. I found a lot of disc thrashing when I used it. I switched over to jkDefrag and use it's screensaver to stay defragged. I have not had the desire since to even mess with another.

Sul.

3. jumpshot

jumpshot Registered Member

I've had it installed for six months now.
    On desktop and laptop..both XP Pro SP3.

Apart from the 5 second delayed startup while it does its boot procedures, it paddles quietly along like a duck on a pond, seems to keep things nice and tidy (dunno if that's the appropriate technical description.).

I've never had a moment's regret.

4. egghead

egghead Registered Member

I’m using it for years now and I love it. A gem :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:

You install the program and you can forget about it. MST defragments automatically.
    MST runs as a service. If it sees files added or changed to a monitored partition, it quickly determines if the time is optimal to defragment them. No slowdown of the system. You'll never have to run a manual defrag again

The price is a steal: Home ed. for $ 15,90 !!!

5. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Registered Member

I have it install in all my computers. In my books this is best defrag software. Never interfere with other software like FDR-ISR. I love it too. :thumb:

6. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

Two bad points about this defragmenter : it cannot exclude files and it doesn't sort directories. I had a version license (Home version) but never upgraded. For almost the same price I would recommend PuranDefrag, so much better !

7. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

I've been using it for a couple years now and like it, but it is missing some essential features, file exclusion most notably. I use Ultimate Defrag to "optimize" my drive once a month and then let MST defrag in realtime.

8. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Thats what I currently use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.