msnusers.com

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ncanca, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncanca

ncanca Registered Member

I have just installed Acronis True Image 2009 (upgrade). When I attempt to back up "My Data" I get the message: The folder http://dk.msnusers.com is no longer available. The result is, that I can not define any back up under "My Data".
    How do I solve this problem?
    Regards
    ncanca

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Did this work before installing the upgrade?

Colin

3. ncanca

ncanca Registered Member

Yes.
    In the meantime I have reinstalled the 2009 version: No succes. the same problem exists. I have reinstalled the former version (Home 11) which worked witout any problems before. Now, I have a problem with that version too when I am trying to schedule a back up of My Data. However, without any error message.

ncanca

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ncanca,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

Where are the files/folders (which you are trying to backup) located? In order to localize the source of the issue can you please attach the log file with the error message to your next reply? What files/folders are you trying to backup? Also can you please attach the screen shot of the error message?

Try the following workarounds and tell us the result:

1) Backup several files/folders and see if the issue persists?
    2) Set compression level to None (Tools -> Options -> Default Backup options -> Compression Level).

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. olgiasca

olgiasca Registered Member

Sorry, it didn´t work.
    Still the same problem. "the folder [noparse]www.msnusers.com[/noparse] is not available"

6. Massimiliano22

Massimiliano22 Registered Member

I had the same problem. I think it's caused by msn messenger. Just go in My computer and delete the special folder relate to msn. I haven't tried if the removal of this folder can compromise the Windows Live Messenger so, try it at your own risk :). It worked for me :) .

Regards

Massimiliano

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

olgiasca, I agree with Massimiliano.

The My Web Sites on MSN folder prevents Acronis True Image Home 2009 from detecting file categories available for backup. Remove the My Web Sites on MSN folder from My Computer.

You can put the removed folder anywhere else, e.g. on Desktop.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.