.msi installations wont install

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

ive tried to install abtrusion protector.msi and earlier today MS Baseline Sec Analiser- MBSA.msi and nothing happens. i have script defender installed and when i double-click the .msi install, script defender pops up and asks if i want to execute the file? i click yes, but then nothing happens. can you help me please? thanks :)

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, GF :) . but i couldnt get there. i keep getting what you see in the screenshot. ill try again later :)

Attached Files:

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

I think they're having server problems :p, receiving the same. Check back later...
    BTW ICE, that was a very considerate ss you put up. ;)

GF

Last edited: Oct 3, 2004
  5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

do you think it could have something to do with .reg cleaners?. ive got everything backedup, but i dont wont to merge the old reg enteries unless i have to. i wont do that yet anyway, i'll wait for that site to get back up.

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i still cant use .msi extensions, i'll try and have a look at GF's link which i never managed to get to. :'(

however, the reason i came back to this thread is because i wanted to ask if i should use MSI File Association Fix from this page? thanks :)

7. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

well, i couldnt wait for an answer any longer and i merged the .reg enteries... and it worked. i can now install .msi extensions. before the merge i was getting a SP2 popup asking if i wanted to allow it, i'd say yes, then nothing would happen. now i dont get that popup and .msi extensions will install :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.