MSE Update Issues?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ShaneR34, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaneR34

ShaneR34 Registered Member

My license for NOD32 is running out in a couple of weeks, so since I just did a system reinstall (I do that at least once a year to "clean house"...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy ;) ) I'm giving MSE a try for a couple of weeks.

I've come across a couple posts mentioning issues with MSE updating, but not a post detailing what these issues are. With that said, was are these issues and what should I be looking out for?

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

If you're not actually experiencing the issues, don't worry about it, it affects only a small minority of people. The fact you're doing a fresh install already ensures you'll have little to no problems.

3. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

There are some minor issues with some users like ,slightly slow to boot sometimes ,the icon turning green after few seconds (that too only on some systems and not always).The update issue is not that bad either.(You can read on how to solve that in this forum).
    I am using the beta and and i like it .Its lite and good protection for free.All i can say is you will not regret using it..:)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I've not had any recent issues updating. The problem I have seen on a couple of machines is that sometimes on a slow machine MSE gives a popup saying that Windows is not genuine (it is). After a few minutes the status changes and it is ok, but it as annoying enough that one of the individuals running it requested I replace it with something else.

5. ShaneR34

ShaneR34 Registered Member

Cool. Thanks, guys.

I actually have had MSE running a little used laptop for quite sometime (Wife usually uses just for watching movies in bed) with no issues.

I firgure if I can save $37 by swtiching to this on our other 2 systems, why not.

I've only used ESET with no other protection and with no issues-- it's been years since I've had so much as a warning--so sounds like MSE should be fine.

6. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

ShaneR34, I installed MSE a few days ago and my feeling is that it will stay
    for a long time. I have not had any issues, like you I had read about updating
    problems but I have not experience any whether I do them manually or if I
    let MSE do them automatically.
    I am very happy that I switched to MSE and you will too.

Bo

7. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.