MSE + Outpost FW on new Notebook?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mercurie, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Hello All,
    It's been awhile since I bought a new machine. All I needed was something to take with me when traveling just to do emails, check news, maybe a little light banking, like check balances, and MS Office tasks, nothing really heavy. Didn't want to spend a pile of money either.

Netbook was o.k. but wanted a little bit more than that for occassional time I need to look at a CD of data or if my eyes need some relief from looking at 10 inch screen.

Picked up a Persario CQ62-214NR has a Celeron 900, 2.2 GHz chip :doubt: 2GB of ram but can go to 8. Win 7 Home Premium. 64 bit.

Hope it is enough to do the above.

Anyway, I think all I need is MSE just something simple and free. My OutPost is lifetime and on the shelf at the moment. I want to be able to block the ads too, a certain plus when using an "air card" from one of the major carriers.

How about that combo will they argue with one another?? I will turn off OutPost Spyware detection.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I'm not an expert on these things but I have used almost all the free stuff out there so I'll throw in my 2 cents worth.

I purchased a netbook a few weeks ago that I use for the same purposes you mentioned. Not heavy, but because of the banking portion security is of major concern.

I always use Sandboxie so thats a given. I ended up using Comodo CIS on the netbook. Its one integrated package, is relatively light and I'm not installing/changing software much so the pop-ups are not a problem.

I believe that MSE and Outpost are relatively heavy and from what I've read Outpost, which I've used for a couple of years, is not as good as it used to be.

FWIW I use Sandboxie, Panda Cloud, and DW3 on my primary desktop. I'm piddling around with my Windows 7 machine but haven't settled on the security for it yet, except for Sandboxie, of course.

3. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Oops, if its 2 MB then trust me bro it won't even boot your Windows 95 too ...:D

4. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

What about linux? :)

5. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

:doubt: 2gb I think...:rolleyes:

6. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Sorry about that 2 GB is indeed what I meant...it has been corrected. :oops:

7. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

any cloud av + online armor free:rolleyes: o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.