MSE + Outpost FW on new Notebook?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mercurie, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Hello All,
    It's been awhile since I bought a new machine. All I needed was something to take with me when traveling just to do emails, check news, maybe a little light banking, like check balances, and MS Office tasks, nothing really heavy. Didn't want to spend a pile of money either.

Netbook was o.k. but wanted a little bit more than that for occassional time I need to look at a CD of data or if my eyes need some relief from looking at 10 inch screen.

Picked up a Persario CQ62-214NR has a Celeron 900, 2.2 GHz chip :doubt: 2GB of ram but can go to 8. Win 7 Home Premium. 64 bit.

Hope it is enough to do the above.

Anyway, I think all I need is MSE just something simple and free. My OutPost is lifetime and on the shelf at the moment. I want to be able to block the ads too, a certain plus when using an "air card" from one of the major carriers.

How about that combo will they argue with one another?? I will turn off OutPost Spyware detection.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I'm not an expert on these things but I have used almost all the free stuff out there so I'll throw in my 2 cents worth.

I purchased a netbook a few weeks ago that I use for the same purposes you mentioned. Not heavy, but because of the banking portion security is of major concern.

I always use Sandboxie so thats a given. I ended up using Comodo CIS on the netbook. Its one integrated package, is relatively light and I'm not installing/changing software much so the pop-ups are not a problem.

I believe that MSE and Outpost are relatively heavy and from what I've read Outpost, which I've used for a couple of years, is not as good as it used to be.

FWIW I use Sandboxie, Panda Cloud, and DW3 on my primary desktop. I'm piddling around with my Windows 7 machine but haven't settled on the security for it yet, except for Sandboxie, of course.

3. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Oops, if its 2 MB then trust me bro it won't even boot your Windows 95 too ...:D

4. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

What about linux? :)

5. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

:doubt: 2gb I think...:rolleyes:

6. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Sorry about that 2 GB is indeed what I meant...it has been corrected. :oops:

7. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

any cloud av + online armor free:rolleyes: o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.