MSE let me down... looking for an alternative

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Perspo, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perspo

Perspo Registered Member

I haven't kept up-to-date with security for a long, long time. I remember when MSE was new and was touted as pretty good AV. After doing some reading, it seems that has changed a lot.

After a pretty nasty infection, MSE let me down big time. I've not kept up with news and I've seen 2014 versions of a lot coming out, so I guess this would be a good time to ask what security suite seems strongest at the moment? Money is no object, I'm pretty paranoid after my last infection. I don't really know where to post this, but if I could get any suggestions.. it would be great (please move this if it's in wrong forum)

2. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

If you want really good protection:

Kaspersky Internet Security 2014. Good protection and runs fast.
    Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 is also good, but lacks of control and have some minor bugs. Also a bit heavy on my system.
    Third choice is F-Secure. Good protection and runs fast.

3. guest

guest Guest

My question would be how did you get infected? Maybe you want to try different approaches? There are many tools you can get to play with.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Perspo, first, welcome to Wilders! Please review our Policy.
    Once you have settled on one product, you are welcome to post. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.