MS Visual C and C++ question!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

So since November or December, when Comodo was launching its new firewall, I have not been able to install ThreatFire. I had it successfully installed, then removed it to try Comodo Defense+. After that, even after complete uninstalls of Comodo, I'd get Error Code 14001 regarding the unsuccessful installation of the Tray and Gui files every time I'd try to install TF. A number of others had the same problem. Doing general searches, I ascertained that (in layman terms) the V C I had installed and the V C that is used in software development were some how running in parallel and not compatible (I think that is what I read!). Anyway, I have no idea why I had Visual C and Visual C++ and my question is do I need them? Thank You!

2. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

If a piece of software was compiled with Visual C++ and uses the C/C++ runtime library, then you will need the relevant Visual C++ runtime libraries installed (either by installing Visual C++ or the redistributable). For example, if an app was compiled with Visual C++ 2005, and you don't have Visual C++ 2005 installed on your computer, then you will need to install the VC++ 2005 redistributable before you can run the software

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...EE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Thank You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.