MS USB Update and Nod disappearance act

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Gas, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gas

Gas Registered Member

On a fully patched Win XP Pro SP2 system, downloaded and installed the Update for Windows XP (KB943198)(Brief Description:This update improves the Windows USB driver performance on a system running Windows XP) from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...3b44-4d2e-9640-e0d21818763e&displaylang=en&tm .

After restarting the PC, Nod32 (version 3.0.642) had completely disappeared leaving no trace, somehow had been un-installed, I had to re-instal.

Anyone any ideas ? (besides MS remarks!!)

Thank you

2. wiak

wiak Registered Member

did you check services, or is it completly gone?
    start > run > then services.msc and enter

there should be a "Eset Service" and it should say Started and Automatic

3. Gas

Gas Registered Member

wiak,
    no Eset service, everything was gone ... disappeared!!

4. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

I just installed this update on two machines and can't repeat the behaviour. How strange. Thanks for the link to the update, sorry I can't be of more help. :eek:

5. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

this fix have something
    when i install it and restart my pc after boot start my window my desktop freez after 5min i restart my pc manualy after that i start my window again now all thing are better no freez
    using letest ess v642

6. CrookedBloke

CrookedBloke Registered Member

Just thought I would chime in with a possibility that occurred to me.

Since this happened upon the reboot following an update, I have to wonder if you might be seeing the result of a system restore. If the update (or something else) caused a serious enough issue with your registry, there's a possibility that the system reverted to a System Restore point prior to the installation of NOD32.

If this is what happened, then I would also expect that, if you look for them in Add/Remove Programs, you won't find either the update or NOD32.

Just thought I'd toss out the idea.

7. GideonD

GideonD Registered Member

I haven't installed in on the work PCs running NOD32 yet. I may wait a bit. I installed it on my home PC running AVG Free with no issues, or so I thought. I did notice this morning when I opened Money 2003 to balance my checkbook that when I type a payee entry my list of previous entries has been shortened to only about 10 payees and no new ones are remembered. If I keep typing though the entry will auto insert, it just doesn't appear in the drop down list anymore. This update has to have some issues with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.