MS USB Update and Nod disappearance act

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Gas, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gas

Gas Registered Member

On a fully patched Win XP Pro SP2 system, downloaded and installed the Update for Windows XP (KB943198)(Brief Description:This update improves the Windows USB driver performance on a system running Windows XP) from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...3b44-4d2e-9640-e0d21818763e&displaylang=en&tm .

After restarting the PC, Nod32 (version 3.0.642) had completely disappeared leaving no trace, somehow had been un-installed, I had to re-instal.

Anyone any ideas ? (besides MS remarks!!)

Thank you

2. wiak

wiak Registered Member

did you check services, or is it completly gone?
    start > run > then services.msc and enter

there should be a "Eset Service" and it should say Started and Automatic

3. Gas

Gas Registered Member

wiak,
    no Eset service, everything was gone ... disappeared!!

4. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

I just installed this update on two machines and can't repeat the behaviour. How strange. Thanks for the link to the update, sorry I can't be of more help. :eek:

5. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

this fix have something
    when i install it and restart my pc after boot start my window my desktop freez after 5min i restart my pc manualy after that i start my window again now all thing are better no freez
    using letest ess v642

6. CrookedBloke

CrookedBloke Registered Member

Just thought I would chime in with a possibility that occurred to me.

Since this happened upon the reboot following an update, I have to wonder if you might be seeing the result of a system restore. If the update (or something else) caused a serious enough issue with your registry, there's a possibility that the system reverted to a System Restore point prior to the installation of NOD32.

If this is what happened, then I would also expect that, if you look for them in Add/Remove Programs, you won't find either the update or NOD32.

Just thought I'd toss out the idea.

7. GideonD

GideonD Registered Member

I haven't installed in on the work PCs running NOD32 yet. I may wait a bit. I installed it on my home PC running AVG Free with no issues, or so I thought. I did notice this morning when I opened Money 2003 to balance my checkbook that when I type a payee entry my list of previous entries has been shortened to only about 10 payees and no new ones are remembered. If I keep typing though the entry will auto insert, it just doesn't appear in the drop down list anymore. This update has to have some issues with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.