MS Removal Tool Virus

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by gdwarner, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdwarner

gdwarner Registered Member

Hello ....

My girlfriend called me in a panic earlier today. Seems she has contracted the MS Removal Tool virus.

I did some Googling and found that Malware Bytes was supposed to fix it, but the virus prevents it from running at all, and when I try to run it from Safe Mode, it runs, but doesn't detect the virus.

I then downloaded NOD32, having had some success with it on my roommate's computer ... but the virus won't let me run it (of course), so I started the system in Safe Mode.

Unfortunately, attempting to run the installer (eav_nt32_enu) gives me this error message: "The system administrator has set policies to prevent installation."

I have tried running it from the command mode, based on a message from Days Gone By, which recommended typing in the Command.com window something along the lines of "runas /user:localmachinename\administrator cmd" ... but that got me a DOS window that zipped along too fast to see anything, and vanished.

As you might guess, the question is simple: How do I run the installer? Is there some problem with running it in safe mode? I sure hope not, because this stupid virus block ANY application from running ... so I *have* to run it in safe mode.

Thanks ....

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

please review/follow suggestion in referenced thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.