MS Outlook 2007 and ESET Trusted Addresses

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by harryatkins, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harryatkins

harryatkins Registered Member

Does anyone know of a what that I can set up ESET Smart Security to be a little bit smarter?
    At present I am running MS Office 2007 with the Trust Centre tab “don’t download picture automatically in HTML e-mail message or RSS items” as active.
    The outcome of this action is that to enable images to be downloaded in HTML e-mail I need to right client on the email and then go into the MS Outlook junk email settings.
    Ideally what I would like to see happen is for ESET to hook into the Trust Centre with its own “trusted address” button. At present I believe that I am running two white list which is not ideal.
    Does anyone have any comments work rounds etc.
    Regards
    Harry
    http://www.hursleyh3.co.uk/images/trustcentre.jpg
    http://www.hursleyh3.co.uk/images/msjunkfilter.jpg

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

I personally am not sure if this can happen at present but it is really good suggestion . You could open ESS's user interface , click on Help -> Contact Customer care and provide this as a feedback to ESET so that their developers think for a way to integrate it .

You can simply copy the text from your post here and paste in ESS's Help option box :thumb:

3. sjgore

sjgore Registered Member

I guess it depends on whether Microsoft have built Outlook (particularly the latest 2007 version) to allow third party apps to manipulate the safe senders list. I wouldn't want ESS to do it via a "hack", for want of a better word.

It's a very good suggestion, though.

Steve.

4. harryatkins

harryatkins Registered Member

Thanks I think I will get onto the customer support team with the suggestion.
    Harry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.