MS Outlook 2007 and ESET Trusted Addresses

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by harryatkins, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harryatkins

harryatkins Registered Member

Does anyone know of a what that I can set up ESET Smart Security to be a little bit smarter?
    At present I am running MS Office 2007 with the Trust Centre tab “don’t download picture automatically in HTML e-mail message or RSS items” as active.
    The outcome of this action is that to enable images to be downloaded in HTML e-mail I need to right client on the email and then go into the MS Outlook junk email settings.
    Ideally what I would like to see happen is for ESET to hook into the Trust Centre with its own “trusted address” button. At present I believe that I am running two white list which is not ideal.
    Does anyone have any comments work rounds etc.
    Regards
    Harry
    http://www.hursleyh3.co.uk/images/trustcentre.jpg
    http://www.hursleyh3.co.uk/images/msjunkfilter.jpg

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

I personally am not sure if this can happen at present but it is really good suggestion . You could open ESS's user interface , click on Help -> Contact Customer care and provide this as a feedback to ESET so that their developers think for a way to integrate it .

You can simply copy the text from your post here and paste in ESS's Help option box :thumb:

3. sjgore

sjgore Registered Member

I guess it depends on whether Microsoft have built Outlook (particularly the latest 2007 version) to allow third party apps to manipulate the safe senders list. I wouldn't want ESS to do it via a "hack", for want of a better word.

It's a very good suggestion, though.

Steve.

4. harryatkins

harryatkins Registered Member

Thanks I think I will get onto the customer support team with the suggestion.
    Harry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.