MS Forefront 64bit kills copy speed MSE doesn't

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bucknasty, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucknasty

bucknasty Registered Member

Fishing here, can't seem to find anything on this. running win7-64bit on a Dell E6410 with intel I7 chipset.

I had MSE 64bit client installed copying from HD to USB was FAST, over 29MBS per second. With ForeFront, falls to about 9MBS.

Haven't tried with other av clients since corp wants to use ffront.

Anyone seen this? The laptop has a factor image from Dell on it, with zero "bloatware", all patches and office 2010.

My next "test" is to put AntiVir on it and see what that does.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello bucknasty,

The speed may depend on how Forefront is configured and what type files it is looking at during copy operations.

3. bucknasty

It appears to be just ForeFront. Installed Antivir 10 on the laptop. Antivir had no problems copy the same files that are a combo of .zip, iso, .exe, pdf, etc.

have to check with my ffront guy and see what he has it set for.

nobody else in company has this issue. But they are not running this chipset/motherboard/laptop that I have.

My Av guy is screaming that it is the "dell image" that shipped with it. The dell image had zero bloatware for the e6410, just normal dell drivers, so I don't see how "nuking" the laptop and reinstalling the same drivers dell had on there will fix anything.

4. bucknasty

Realized my Av guy and I were not using the same set of files to examine the problem. Gave my AV guy the files i was copying. Exact same slowness down to the microsoft minute to complete copying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.