MS Auto-updates.???

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Cochise, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

As you all probably know, if you've been paying attention, whether you think good or bad, I have NEVER D/Ld a MS Security Update.....Especially now that your expected to let MS D/L what they think you 'need' Automatically or not at all (Kind of Hobsons Choice on their part)....

Just to clarify the situation, I have always had Windows AU disabled.

Yesterday I struck up the old OS and the CPU started chattering away like something possessed......as I tried to find out what it was upto I noticed a little Icon in my Tray....on Right click, it jumped on to my screen as a ginormous D/L??....the only Options it gave where to restart after the D/L or Restart later....NO Cancel.....so, not knowing what it was I pulled the plug on it. With a bit of searching I found MS had tried to D/L SP2 and had actually D/Ld about 15 KB and Q Yada Yada Security Updates??.....

Then I saw an Article by Nick ADSL about MS preparing to shove SP2 and all it's other stuff up our exhausts in April 2005.....whether we want it or not....what's that all about?.....do we no longer have the choice?...

Just wondering if they've started early!!...... :D :D

Either way I have deleted and destroyed the D/Ls and put AU behind my Firewall...if Bill gets past that I will give up....

Cochise, :cool:

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

It's my understanding if AU is disabled....you want see the update....so wash that war paint off and take another toke off that peace pipe :cool:

3. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

o_O :D :D No!....I didn't want to see the Updates...they just started D/Ling all on their own??......

And I ain't smoking anything 'odd' in this 'ol Peace-pipe Bubba..... :D

Cochise, :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.