MS Antispyware Settings

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Huwge, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Hi,
    I normally only use MSAS for a scan every so often along with Adaware. I was having a play around with MSAS and noticed all the settings that can be turned off/on for realtime protection. I'm thinking of running the realtime but wondering are there any recommended settings ? ( dont want it gobbling up too much of system resources)

I curently run NOD32 and Netveda and only visit a few trusted sites

Thanks in advance

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    If you want max. protection, then you want to enable all of them.
    By the way, it's better losing 1mb of resources more to protection than 50mb of resources to possible spyware. On one of my comps, I run quite a lot of statup applications and even though the processor is only an AMD 1.5Ghz with 480Mb RAM, everything runs quickly and smoothly. I'd say go for it, full protection.
    Mrk

P.S. You can free resources by disabling unnecessary and less safe services, for instance. And if you have Office installed, then you can also remove the Office Assistant from the startup as well.

3. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi
    Run it its quite good. no need for extra settings. Also see here about which area MSAS is protecting
    http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?pg=redundant

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I deactivated cookies in MSAS.
    Mouse Path : Advanced Tools/Privacy Tools/Internet Explorer Cookies.

The reason :
    I use CCleaner to handle my cookies and CCleaner allows me to keep the cookies I really need.
    The rest of the cookies will be deleted by CCleaner on the next re-boot or on demand.
    That's how I keep my cookie directory clean.
    MSAS would clean all my cookies even the ones I really need.

I also run CCleaner first and than the rest of my scanners, because I hate it when one of these scanners waste their time on reporting tracking cookies in stead of serious malwares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.