MS anti-spyware false positive??

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Acadia, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

With today's latest update, MS anti-spyware appears to be picking up SpywareBlaster as a false postive on both mine and my wife's pc, anyone else?

Acadia

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Just did a scan due to a related thread in the Spywareblaster Forum....and after updating to the Definition Version: 5709 (4/21/2005 8:23:59 PM)....nothing was found.

What version of Spywareblaster are you using ?

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Yeah, Bubba, after reading the thread that you pointed out, it is the same file on our pc's that MS is stating is spyware, unins000.exe; MS is saying it is a hijacker if I remember correctly ... must indeed be a false positive.

Acadia

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Oh I'm almost positive it's a False positive....but I'm scratching me head wondering why I didn't get a False positive with version 5709 also :doubt:

Win2000 SP4 and Spywareblaster 3.3 here....if it matters.

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Hmmmm, I'm using XP instead of 2000.

Acadia

6. Grumble

Grumble Registered Member

I'm getting the presumed false positive with todays Giant update 5709, using spywareblaster 3.3 and XP. Giant identifies the spywareblaster uninstaller unins000.exe as NS Keylogger. I ignored it.

7. clrwtr001

clrwtr001 Registered Member

OK, it is noted that is was a false positive, and that the new definitions update fixes it.

I allowed it to put it in quarantine. Does the new defintion automatically take it out of quarantine, or do I have to do it manually? I would check it myself, but circumstances make this impossible for a couple of days for me. I'd like to know before that if anyone knows. Thanks........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.