MS - ALL cloud data NOT protected

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by CloneRanger, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

No surprise to me anyway ! So many people have their heads in the cloud, so they might as well have their data in the same place too :p

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Of course it isn't. Why the hell would it be?

edit: OK I must be missing something. Can you show me a service that laws don't apply to?

And as with all services provided... you should do research before putting anything sensitive on it.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Encrypt it yourself then.

4. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

OK, so a service for European companies and citizens can be (and thus will be) scrutinized from top-to-bottom and inside-out by numerous US agencies and their employees.
    And that's supposed to be 'normal' to Europeans?
    As it would also be normal for US companies and citizens to be aware that all their cloud data, could be scrutinized by a Bulgarian customs agency employee, an Estonian financial oversight agency employee or a French local IRS employee? Don't think so...

The point isn't of course that certain laws apply to certain services.
    It's pretty strange that more and more 'European' data/services fall under US laws.

5. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

This would be my suggestion for those that insist on using the cloud.

6. rudyl

rudyl Registered Member

And vice versa. Also California vs Georgia. The net is a jurisdictional nightmare. Stating the obvious.

7. Spooony

Spooony Registered Member

Ahaa I'm not from the states. My government still uses P4s that runs on XP. They're too busy buying themselves nice cars, big houses with the annual budget to buy state of the art ones. So me not worried

8. jesusjesus

jesusjesus Registered Member

Well if the cloud service only had encrypted data which they don't have the key to then both the user and the cloud company are protected. Are there any cloud services like that?
    That is On the fly encryption between your computer and the cloud. Cloud never see's your files, and never knows the key.

I know laspass works like that. They may have all your passwords and usernames but they have no way of decrypting it, so if they get hacked it really doesn't matter. I want a cloud service the same.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  9. x942

x942 Guest

Wuala does that but it only use AES-128 Bit. for more PIE (Pre-internet Encryption) services watch some Security Now! from Steve Gibson at the GRC (www.grc.com). He has some pretty good suggestions on services that use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.