MRU blaster did delete IE Temporary Internet Files

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by tickal, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tickal

tickal Guest

Greetings:
    Just downloaded MRU blaster to try it out. Everything is working fine except the deletion of Temporary Internet Files. The Plug-in is enabled, and has the correct address to the files. After rebooting I checked the Temporary Files folder and found that MRU blaster didn't delete any of the files. I am running XP Home. IE 6.

Regards,

2. Antti

Antti Registered Member

I'm having the same problem. I can't get my address bar cleaned with MRU blaster. Last time reinstalling MRU blaster helped and it worked fine for a couple of weeks. Now the program seems to be malfunctioning again.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

To completely clean out the drop-down address bar list, you'll need to clear your History in Internet Explorer. (MRU-Blaster doesn't currently have a plugin to do such a thing.)

Regarding the problem deleting the Temporary Internet Files - I haven't heard of that before (especially on Win XP). I'll have to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. Antti

Antti Registered Member

But I thought that MRU Blaster was supposed to delete the corrupted index.dat file which (if I'm not totally wrong) causes that sometimes some addresses can't be cleaned from the address bar in the usual way?

5. javacool

The only index.dat files that MRU-Blaster can currently deal with are the ones in the Temporary Internet Files and Cookies folders.

At the moment it doesn't touch the History index.dat file, which may be where those orphaned entries are hiding.

Best regards,

-Javacool

6. Antti

Antti Registered Member

ok thanks

7. hunter

hunter Registered Member

8. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Re: MRU blaster did NOT delete IE Temporary Internet Files

Has there been any resolution as to why MRU is NOT deleting the Internet Temporary Files as specified with the PlugIn? :(

On Windows XP-SP1 Home Edition, it deletes the temporary files in C:\Documents and Settings\UserX\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files|IEContent5 folder. HOWEVER, it does not delete the temporary files that are found in C:\Documents and Settings\UserX\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files folder.

9. javacool

Hi,

That behavior is quite odd, but I'm working on a major upgrade of MRU-Blaster, including that functionality, which should fix any such issues. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

10. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Hey, Thanks for the comeback! ;)

Looking forward to the new version of MRU Blaster. Have a safe and fun Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.