MRG Effitas 360 Degree Assessment & Certification - Q2 2022

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by waking, Sep 5, 2022.

1. waking

waking Registered Member

MRG Effitas 360 Degree Assessment & Certification - Q2 2022

August 19, 2022

https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/MRG_Effitas_360_Q2_2022v3.pdf

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

OK, so ESET dropped the ball when it came to detecting ransomware. Win Defender is still not that good in blocking exploit/fileless attacks. Bitdefender, F Secure and Trend Micro are bad in stopping PUA/adware samples. And ESET, Trend Micro and Avira also dropped the ball when it came to blocking ''in the wild'' samples. The biggest winner is Malwarebytes who nailed them all, surprising because in the past it was often the worst performing AV.

3. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

Don't see F Secure in these tests.

4. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

No, it (ESET) didnt, it failed to detect some behavior in a Ransomware Simulator test, not a big deal at all.

You are overreacting with the other products/results too.

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

My bad guys, I always save these files, and looks like I opened the wrong one, my comments were for the MRG Q4 2021 test. Win Defender actually did block all exploit/fileless tests and Malwarebytes was once again pretty good. But I don't think I overreacted, because if certain AV's blocked all of the 360 malware samples, and others did not, then they did drop the ball in my view. :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.