MP3 zip cannot be open by 7-Zip...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Actually, I am not fond of downloading mp3 music coz I have lots of CD music collections, besides, I can listen the latest songs in several FM stations. I just filed my favourite music from cd into on my iTunes music library.

But, recently, I got interested and got curious on a site I visited that offers free mp3 music. I tried to download it, and it was a zip file...some 2.3MB and others 1MB. After downloading it, I then tried to open and unzip it using 7-zip...but I cannot open it and whatever I do 7-zip just says it is not supported. :doubt: What should I do then to open it? Do I have to install another zip uitility tool aside from 7-zip to enable me to open and extract the contents? o_O

As of now, I have iTunes from Apple...and I know how to import and burn music from cd's into hard drive and copy it into another blank cd...but I don't know yet how it is done from the downloaded mp3 or wav file into iTune and copying it into cd. How can I open, transfer and copy to cd's the music from the downloaded mp3 zip file? :rolleyes: o_O

Are there any free software programs that is easy to use, light and does the job well specific for the mp3 and wav storing and copying and transfering and converting mp3/wav files into blank cd's? :rolleyes: :cautious: o_O

2. dog [away]

dog [away] Guest

The file sizes seem a little odd. :doubt: 2.3MB is possible with a short song with a low bitrate ... But 1MB is a little too small.

The zip file is likely password protected - you'll need the PW to open it. I don't use 7zip so I don't know if it prompts you for the password or not. They could also be malformed/corrupted files ... or even a double extension ... I can't think of any other possiblitities ATM. If 7zip won't open it, neither should any other archiver.

Beware of "free" things ... you may get more than you expect. :ninja:

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

does teh site have any instructions for the downloaded files? are the supposed to be zips? maybe its a mp3, rename it as such.

if u rele suspect another zip utility can open it, try tugzip or izarc (both free).

to burn mp3's try either burrrn or cdburnerxp pro (again, both free)

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I used both 7-zip and TUGzip. I've used 7-zip to open a .dll (I renamed it) and .jar(I renamed it to zip). You can Open a lot with 7-zip.

5. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I uninstalled 7-Zip and installed Izarc, and it really have help me open up mp3 zip into my windows media player. It also detects and informs if the zip file is corrupted. For now its ok than 7-Zip...even if the only thing I liked for it is that it help me in my mp3 zip files. ;)

Izarc looks quirky and a bit hard to me to use coz it has a different GUI compared to 7-Zip which is easy to use. I am learning to use it now. :cautious: :D :)

6. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

usually songs arent zipped...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.