"Mozook" Malware help requested, PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by PleaseNukeMyVirus, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PleaseNukeMyVirus

PleaseNukeMyVirus Registered Member

Hi. First post here so patience please.

One of my Win 7 x64 Pro machines, using Firefox (possibly Chrome and I.E. but I don't use those as often) keeps forcing open a new tab multiple times to a website called mozook.com which then tries to get you to download ringtones.

After re-confirming that my pop-ups were still disabled, I ran a full scan using my already-installed AVG Free, plus Malware's Antimalware and CCleaner (which I still prefer calling CRAP cleaner hehe).

The problem still continued.

Out of sheer frustration, and after searching all over for solutions and finding only postings but no solutions, I decided to try a few different anti-virus programs. I fully uninstalled AVG and tried Comodo Internet Security, Kaspersky, G Data anti-virus and Dr. Web anti-virus. All were installed and run ONLY when the previous anti-virus programs were fully and completely uninstalled and the system was re-started before re-installing the next anti-virus program.

Note that some of these products caught (and cured) other virus and malware issues that AVG Free obviously had missed (and previous anti-virus programs also missed...).

I also installed McAfee's Site Advisor (despite the nefarious creators recent exploits..hehe) and also SpywareBlaster. I checked through SpywareBlaster and do NOT see mozook.com on the "banned" list. It darned well should be!!!!!

After what I thought this machine was ridden of this damn MOZOOK p.o.s., it popped up - AGAIN (well, spawned a new tab and opened that useless crappy mozook.com site. Grrr.).

I also noticed when it did spawn a new browser, when I put the cursor along the top address-bar and moved it along to read what might be some good information to find what might be triggering this, ANOTHER tab was spawned. I repeated this a number of times, yet further tabs were spawned!! It was NOT a matter of timing and it auto-spawned as I was moving along the address bar. So it seems the script author somehow got it to spawn when you simply have your curser on the main address bar!! (I did read one person saying when they moved their mouse anywhere on a certain website - without clicking - it also spawned a tab to mozook on their machine.) IT EVEN SPAWNS A MOZOOK TAB WHEN I CLICK ON THE USER-NAME FIELD AND ATTEMPT TO PUT MY USER-NAME HERE FOR WILDERSECURITY.COM USING FIREFOX!! (AND YES, I AM YELLING!!!!!)

I recently did a full re-format and installed my regular programs a few weeks ago and everything was running wonderfully. Faster than I hoped for. Now, it occasionally is slowing down. (Maybe that is Firefox's fault as I noticed it is a real memory pig the past couple of years...) but whatever I "caught" on this machine may be behind this.

I am at wits ends here.

HELP!!!!

2. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  3. PleaseNukeMyVirus

PleaseNukeMyVirus Registered Member

Hi drhu22 and thanks for your reply.

I had mentioned in my admittedly lengthy post that I tried Malwarebytes. And although I did not specify in my reply, I have tried many...MANY of the suggestions in the Google results, including the one you decided to post in response to my original posting. Unfortunately it did not work at all. Most of the other Google results were just single postings of others in my predicament with no solution.

Anyone else (or yourself) have any more suggestions?

This simply is not going away.

:( :( :(

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.