Mozilla Thunderbird 3

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by John Bull, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

I have been using TB version 3.0.3 for quite a while with no problems.
    An automatic update downloaded, changing it to version 3.0.4.

Now, although it seems to work OK for SEND and RECEIVE, when first opened or using GET MAIL I get a panel saying that the TIMEOUT has expired.

It is to do with TIMEOUT of POP3 server. Looking at the net, I find many other users have had or still got this problem. I have changed the default value of 100 using TOOLS>OPTIONS>GENERAL>CONFIG EDITOR to 600, but it makes no difference.

It was suggested I go to my PROFILE folder using the RUN and %APPDATA%\thunderbird\profiles, which I did and got this panel :-
    http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab327/johnbull17/TBProfileFolder2.jpg

This looks like a Microsoft error exists which I cannot do anything about. It may be causing the trouble.

Can anybody please explain the TIMEOUT config that is required to cure this problem and of course how to do it, plus comment on what the error panel means and where I go next ?

Many thanks
    John Bull

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  2. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

In my case it could be my ISPs Network or my ISPs mail servers or their DNS server.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.