Mozilla Thunderbird 3

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by John Bull, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

Just a tip for English language users of Mozilla Thunderbird 3.

The Spellcheck facility in Thunderbird does not work unless you download a dictionary. The English dictionary listed in the main Firefox Add-Ons site does not work. See search item :-

British English Dictionary for Thunderbird 3 « RussTaylor
    23 Dec 2009 ... The British English dictionary for Thunderbird 3 wasn't working, I've hacked it about a bit so it's now version 3.0. ...
    russtaylor.co.uk/2009/.../british-english-dictionary-for-thunderbird-3/

Russ Taylor has given this lame duck a tweak and come up with a version of the English Dictionary that does work. All you have to do is download it and Thunderbird will be fully functional on Spellcheck.

The link is :-
    http://russtaylor.co.uk/files/british_english_dictionary-1.19-fx zm tb-version-3-compatible.xpi

Thanks to Russ.
    John Bull

2. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I installed version 3.0.3 a few days ago and spell check is working fine for me without downloading a dictionary.

3. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

Howdy,
    My TB version is 3.0.3 also and it sure needed a dictionary down-loaded for Spellcheck to work. Without a dictionary, nothing happened. It works fine now with the stated Add-On by Russ Taylor inserted, the listed Firefox Add-On did not work as Russ has already said. Hence his brilliant and highly successful tweak.

Rather puzzling.
    Ich verstehe nicht
    John Bull

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.