Mozilla Thunderbird 3

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by John Bull, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

Just a tip for English language users of Mozilla Thunderbird 3.

The Spellcheck facility in Thunderbird does not work unless you download a dictionary. The English dictionary listed in the main Firefox Add-Ons site does not work. See search item :-

British English Dictionary for Thunderbird 3 « RussTaylor
    23 Dec 2009 ... The British English dictionary for Thunderbird 3 wasn't working, I've hacked it about a bit so it's now version 3.0. ...
    russtaylor.co.uk/2009/.../british-english-dictionary-for-thunderbird-3/

Russ Taylor has given this lame duck a tweak and come up with a version of the English Dictionary that does work. All you have to do is download it and Thunderbird will be fully functional on Spellcheck.

The link is :-
    http://russtaylor.co.uk/files/british_english_dictionary-1.19-fx zm tb-version-3-compatible.xpi

Thanks to Russ.
    John Bull

2. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I installed version 3.0.3 a few days ago and spell check is working fine for me without downloading a dictionary.

3. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

Howdy,
    My TB version is 3.0.3 also and it sure needed a dictionary down-loaded for Spellcheck to work. Without a dictionary, nothing happened. It works fine now with the stated Add-On by Russ Taylor inserted, the listed Firefox Add-On did not work as Russ has already said. Hence his brilliant and highly successful tweak.

Rather puzzling.
    Ich verstehe nicht
    John Bull

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.