Mozilla Thunderbird 0.3 Released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by MegaHertz, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MegaHertz

MegaHertz Registered Member

Mozilla Thunderbird is a free, open-source and cross-platform mail client and news reader for most modern operating systems including, but not limited to, Windows, Linux and Macintosh. It offers some advantages over other mail clients, including junk mail classification. Built from Mozilla code, Mozilla Thunderbird uses Gecko, the most standards-compliant rendering engine in existence.

Download

Enjoy!!! :D

2. crockett

crockett Registered Member

Hi :)

Already enjoying TBird 0.2...

Gonna check 0.3 right away.

Do you think TBird is good at handling/fighting spam compared to other mail clients ? How and why ?

BTW, you might wanna have a look at http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=14408

Rgds, Crockett :cool:

3. MegaHertz

MegaHertz Registered Member

Honestly the last time I used TBird was prior to the 0.1 milestone. While I liked it it still lacks some of the features that exist in my favorite mail client Eudora. I will provbably try it again in the near future though. As far as junk mail goes I can't say since my ISP has Junk Mail filters in place server side that are user conttolled and work very well.

4. JayK

JayK Poster

Well Tbird has it's own built in Bayesian filter of course.
    It's pretty good, but all comments I have seen feel that it' s inferior to external bayesian filters like k9 , POPfile, spambayes in accuracy etc. and some comments on the developer's forum lead me to believe this is so too

Still no biggie.

There's also a switch to turn off remote downloading of images so that deals with some web-bugs. I havent yet tested to see if this applies to all external files like externally linked css/js.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.