Mozilla Filezilla Server

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Dugite, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dugite

Dugite Registered Member

I would like to see ESET acknowledge that FileZilla is a legitimate application and put a signature or write some code into the Smart Security Suite to allow this application. It took me ages to get it to work and only in interactive mode. If I go back now to automatic mode it stops working again. I use this programme to share family photo's and the like with my parents and others and its a little painful, surely its a very commonly used application.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Sure it is not a threat . If it was , the File System protection would have detected it.

There is no problem with this application . As each and every FTP client/server application you should configure your firewall to allow the communication . Automatic mode is different and the way it works simply doesn't allow this happen.

If you want to have Automatic mode + certain applications allowed as exceptions , you must use Policy-based mode , check the two predefinided rules to block unknown incoming traffic and allow outgoing traffic + you leave your specific rules , such as the one(s) for for FileZilla

3. Dugite

Dugite Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, but for the "average user" and probably even the slightly above average user this is surely a little over the top. ESM has other applications that is allows, FileZilla is a free FTP app and as such a popular choice for FTP. ESM had no issues with allowing Thunderbird my email programme and I was wondering if a similar default within the Suite could be programmed, if not ah well.
    I installed Kaspersky 2009 last week to try that out and it had absoultely no issues finding FileZilla and allowing me to use and a port scan showed the system in Stealth mode so I can be done I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.