MozBackup

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WSFuser, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello,
    i used that extension a while back with no problems.
    just dont tick the box to backup your extentions.
    just backup your profile and bookmarks.
    i never got it to backup my extensions because of that warning and dont know what problems it could cause.
    lodore

3. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

You could copy and paste the Mozilla folder at C:\Documents and Settings\"USERNAME"\Application Data to a safe location and use that as a backup.

If I delete that folder and start FF it seems as if FF reverts to a new install with the welcome to FF start page coming up.

Shutdown FF and restore the Mozilla folder and all my extensions,tabs and favourites are back again.

Or at least that's how it seems to work here.

4. WSFuser

Thats what I currently do but MozBackup interested me because I could tell it to ignore cookies or history.

5. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

I personally do a similar thing as @Franklin, manual backup of the essential bits in the Application Data folder, but I've had good reports from friends who use this extension, FEBE (Firefox Environment Backup Extension), https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2109

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Last time I looked at MozBackup it seemed somehow deficient in some way, but I can't remember how or why... I think I ended up just backing up the profile folder and getting everything for sure...

7. WSFuser

I just gave FEBE a try but I do not like it.

I did a selective backup of my profile, and FEBE put everything into separate files and as a result I would have to restore the items separately instead of all at once. If you choose to backup your entire profile though, then FEBE makes it into one file.

8. WSFuser

Ok I decided to test MozBackup and (thankfully) it restored my extensions just fine. And unlike FEBE, it creates a one file backup regardlesss of what you backup plus I dont have to install it as either program or extension :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

9. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

sounds like MozBackup is the way to go for you,
    I wonder if the extension problem is just the normal one you run into with some extensions when upgrading to a new version of FireFox

10. screamer

screamer Registered Member

11. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

12. Adric

Adric Registered Member

FAB is nothing I would recommend. The detection methods are not that great. See my post at http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?s=&showtopic=12107&view=findpost&p=118495

That was about a year ago. Never got an answer and still waiting for Version 3 :rolleyes:

Al

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.