Moving unallocated space in extended partition to primary

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by misterdan, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterdan

    misterdan Registered Member

    May 11, 2010
    I have some unallocated space in my extended partition (we'll call it U1-2), I would like to split some of this off (we'll call this split portion U1) and merge it with my C drive which is in my primary partition. I can get all the way up to moving U1 to the front of my extended partition but I'm not sure how to merge the C drive in my primary partition with U1 since even at the front of the extended partition it's still in the extended partition or even how to move it to primary. Not sure if moving it to the primary is possible, but merging it should be possible, right?

    Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
  2. SIW2

    SIW2 Registered Member

    Sep 6, 2009
    You need to get the free space outside the Extended partition - and next to the Primary partition ( C ).

    If you already have the free space next to C , yet still inside the Extended partition:

    Rt click the Extended partition itself, select Move\ Resize.


    In the next window, drag the edge across the free space, Yes then click Apply.

    extparResize2- (Small).jpg

    Hope it helps
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.