Moving some PCs to a new office

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bdmc, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdmc

bdmc Registered Member

Hi All,

I am about to setup a new branch office which will connect back to the current office via vpn.

I plan on setting up a NOD32 mirror at the new site to take care of all the PCs there.

I will be moving half the PCs from the current office to the new office.

What's the best way to update the config on the PCs I move to use the new mirror server?

I was going to create a new package with the new mirror, then reinstall NOD32 on all the moved PCS.

Just checking if there is a better way?

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    The workstations right now are most likely set to be managed by the current RAS box....they have their remote management set to look at this server, and they have their update set to get updates from this mirror. Lets call this Mirror A. And call the main site Site A.

Now..the new remote site, you are going to have a new mirror? Lets call this Mirror B, at Site B. You can still have your workstations be managed by the RAS at site A. You could run a RAS at Site B also...might be better if you have a lot of workstations over there...less traffic across the tunnel. If only a few workstations...I'd probably let them heartbeat to site As RAS.

In the RAC at site A..create a new config file...and call it something like SiteBConfig. This new config...you will change their update mirror address, and optionally their remote server address. Using RAC, select the computers that you will move to Site B...and push the config file to them.

If you opted to have them managed by a new RAS at Site B, keep an eye on it's console..as they appear in this new one...remove them from the RAC at Site A.

This is pretty much the same steps you'd do if you were changing RAS/RAC servers for a network.

No need to uninstall/reinstall clients...this process is easily done within a few minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.