Moving from PG Free to PG Full version

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by kwesi, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwesi

kwesi Registered Member

Hi. I gladly took the plunge on Friday, and am impatiently awaiting my PG licence. Two related questions that I haven't been able to answer for myself by reading the Helpfile:

Will I have to uninstall PG Free & then reinstall PG Full, or is it an upgrade-type procedure?

I assume that if it's a reinstall process, I won't be able to first save, & then transfer the program checksum info (or other settings) from PG Free to PG Full?

Thanks.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Kwesi, Best to unistall the trial and start fresh as there are default protected list items in the full version.
    Disable protection, then uninstall, reboot to clear the driver.
    Install the full version, reboot and Process Guard will be in learning mode and the default protected processes should be listed..
    Add processes slowly to the protection list and watch the windows logs giving the necessary allows as applicable.
    Run all your most used programs then reboot, this will switch off learning mode.
    Here is an unistall guide post by Gavin: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=16931

You should receive your keyfile etc. first thing tomorrow morning Perth time :)

Hope this helps. Pilli

3. kwesi

kwesi Registered Member

Thank you very much, Pilli.

(As is the way with these things, when logging in to the forum just now, I noticed that very same sticky, about upgrading Process Free,which I didn't spot before I posted! :))

I'll check the info out. Much appreciated.

4. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Congrats, Kwesi! :D I think you made a wise decision. I've found PG to be a very capable and stable application. When you get your license, I suggest that you leave the application in Learning Mode for a couple of days. Doing so will keep you from having to check the PG Log and take appropriate actions every time you start a program for the first time. Good luck, and I look forward to hearing about your experiences with PG here at Wilders. ;)

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Cheers Kwesi, No rush, take your time and Process Guard will do you well. You will get a free upgrade to the new version which will be out within the next couple of weeks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.