Moving Forward

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cosmo32, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Today I plan to remove ESET V2.7 A/V from one of my clients.
    I plan to use the default ESET uninstaller logic just because it has worked for me in the past. :D

(this client was p/o my V2.7BE logic. Sadly my server crashed some time back; and, I am now running Windows 2003 Server. NO. I have not yet installed the new V4 BE server-based software.)

My plan is to install/try the new beta V5 Single-client A/V-only logic.

Any suggestions before I pull the trigger?
    Thank you.

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Be sure that NOD32 v2.7 is completely removed before installing. I would also recommend following the guidelines in these two knowledgebase articles from ESET and Microsoft in relation to installing antivirus software on your Server.

3. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

ThomasC,
    Thank you for your reply. I have viewed/printed your suggestions for the future; when/if I do install a new V4 BE to my server.

Back to the current client business. Yes, I do know that my v2.7 client code needs to be fully removed. I have read many shares that indicate I should NOT use the Win\Control Panel\Add/Remove Programs\ functional logic to remove my current ESET code. Fine.

My #1 plan is to do a Start\Programs\ESET\Uninstall NOD32\ functional logic.

My #2 plan is to go get an ESET UnInstaller package.

Opinions?
    Thank you.

4. ThomasC

Sounds like a solid plan!

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  5. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

ThomasC,
    OK. Fine. I have 2 plans. Any opinion of #1 vs. #2?
    Normally I would trust the default v2.7 UnInstall logic, but, much traffic in this forum raises doubts about how clean I end up post removal.
    Thank you.

6. ThomasC

If there are doubts of the product being completly removed you may also find the Uninstall Tool of use.

7. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

ThomasC,
    Thank you for the link for ESET KB article. Sadly, I can not print it!
    I have tried both Landscape and Portrait. I have tried print from screen as displayed and 'printer friendly' modes. No Joy either way. o_O

The best I get is one single page. No joy. Is this doc file A4?
    Still trucking on........... :(

Do have fresh uninstaller code from ESET. I'll report results.
    Thank you.

8. ThomasC

The most current version of the uninstall tool is available in that Knowledgebase article. Be sure to download the correct one for your operating system.

Note: FYI, I also tested printing the article without issues. Sorry, but it must be something on that end.

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  9. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

ThomasC,
    Thank you for your reply.
    I find your reply a bit terse. I believe that I do not live at the OS level that you might.
    I use Windows XP SP3.

Perhaps I do not use the Windows Office Suite that you do either. Fine.
    I use Office 2003.
    Yes, I have already stumbled over dot-docx files! Word is 'patched.'
    Perhaps I am missing a few other 'translator' files. Care to share?

I now have the current ESET UnInstaller package. Thank you.

I will deal with my local 'printing of ESET KB shares trouble in-house via my Brother laser printer' in the coming days....... I will now go back and re-READ your KB share via my browser (all of the remaining pages I can not print). Fine.

ATM, I just wish to upgrade a paid-for product to a newer same product (beta) version.
    Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.