Moving ESET RA SQL database

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by jterribili, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jterribili

jterribili Registered Member

Hi everyone,

What I am trying to do is move my existing ESET database (running on SQL 2000, clustered) to a SQL 2005 server, clustered. I was able to do so effectively using the ERA Maintenance Tool ( I see the new ESET db on my new SQL server and it loks as if all tables are populated with data). However, when I attempt to modify the server configuration using the ERA Maintenance Tool and modify the database server settings with the new SQL server information, the ESET Server service will not restart. My guess is that I have the database connection string wrong, but I am unsure. Here is what I have tried:

Database Connection: Driver={SQL Server};Server=sqlservername:Database=ESET

Database Connection: DSN=ESET (this is the name of a system DSN I have configured on the server)

Does anyone have any input?...Bueller?....Buellero_O

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  2. jterribili

jterribili Registered Member

update: I think I may have determined the issue. It appears that whenever I used Windows Integrated auth, the connection fails. However, if I use SQL auth, then I am able to make a successful connection.

Can anyone confirm that Windows Integrated auth in SQL is not supported for establishing a db connection in ESET RA?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.