Moving Acronis installation from one disk to another

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pbates, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbates

pbates Registered Member

I need to move Acronis to another disk. How do I do this? If I uninstall it, I loose all of my backup strategies I've created. Or is there a way of saving them?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pbates,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that in order to be able to recover your system from the beforehand created image you should have the image itself and at least Bootable Rescue Media (CD). In other words, it is not obligatory to have Acronis True Image installed to perform the recovery process.

Please also note that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used (it also applies to Bootable Rescue CD).

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

If that does not answer your question then please describe actions you want to perform in more detail.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. pbates

pbates Registered Member

I guess I wasn't clear. I am just MOVING my installation of Acronis on ONE MACHINE. I am moving it from one disk to another. I want to preserve the backup set files I have set up. Is this possible? I think not. I imagine I would have to uninstall it from the first drive and reinstall it on the second drive, thus losing the backup sets.

4. DeLorean

DeLorean Registered Member

Try this one :

Backup this folder from your old installation to your
    new installation :
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts <----

I seems that Acronis keep his preferences in this folder.
    I have not tested this yet, but you can give it a try.

Greetz

5. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I've had great luck with COA32 (Change Of Address) when doing this sort of thing. Take C:\MyFolder and move it to D:\MyFolder. Then run COA32 and tell it to change all occurrences of "C:\MyFolder" to "D:\MyFolder". All shortcuts, .INI, registry entries etc. will be changed.
    Like I said, I've moved countless applications from one disk or partition to another using this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.