Movie: Shoot em up

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by controler, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

Try recording this movie and see what it does to your system

Shoot em up
    released Jan 1st. It will shut down your recording software big time.

Let's see what the experts have to say about this?

Some nasty s

con

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2008
  2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

3. controler

controler Guest

Yup that's the one Global.

Was able to rip it to disk just fine. It has more then just encryption.
    the problem came in when I tried to back it up to a DVD. It would shut down my backup software and until I removed the RIP it would shut down Power DVD also. I used AnyDVD to Rip & Roxio Easy DVD Copy.

But then I went out and bought a Sony music CD when I heard it had a rootkit on it so I could look it over. I will look at this a bit more later when I get time. Encryption alone should not be able to shut down your programs.

4. GlobalForce

When you say "rip to disk" do you mean from a web dwnld or ...?
    Time permitting, perhap's you'll determine the glitch to be elsewhere and not the movie itself.

GF

5. controler

controler Guest

I riped it from a DVD. Yes it could be a combo of software i have but only that movie would shut down my programs, not any other.
    As a start, I removed all security software except for SafeSpace.

I will let you know if I find anything. Appears from the link you posted, others were having some problems too.

6. controler

controler Guest

After visiting the Slysoft forum I found out a setting for AnyDVD which stops the DVD from shutting down my burning software but what I am more concerned about is how it is shutting it down. I have tried looking at the process with Gmer & IscSword but am not seeing anything yet.

7. GlobalForce

"I have seen the light!" If there's anything where I think you're headed, I'd say slysoft's way ahead.

GF

8. ocostich

ocostich Registered Member

I have a similar problem. I tried to rip using AnyDVD and DVDDecrypter and it failed. Then I tried AnyDVD rip from the task bar to rip whole disk to hard drive. Next I tried DVDFab4 and it failed.

Now for the really fun part. I can't rip any DVD that I own now. If I try to rip a DVD it fails with any of the procedures above. In other words, both DVDFab and AnyDVD no longer function correctly.

9. controler

controler Guest

Yes webslingers fix seems to work but how is it that only this movie is able to do this?

I had to use Shrink DVD and Nero.

Now after going to device manager and selecting the region, it doesn't close Roxio. The movie changes it somehow.

10. GlobalForce

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.