Movie Buffs - Current or Vintage Movies

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by musicman, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicman

musicman Registered Member

I thought it would be fun to give a short synopsis on a movie you have seen and what your opinion is on the movie. . So let me start.
    =========================================================
    'BEWITCH"
    This is a sequel starring Nichole Kidman and Will F I found this to be etertaining and funny,.....not great......but good. For those that have seen the TV version with Elizabeth Montgomery you can form your own opinion. The only negative aspect is I thought Nichole Kidman was not putting her heart into the movie just going thru the motions. There are a lot of funny scenes and special effects are cute All in All on a 1 to 10 I would rate this
    a 6. :)

2. musicman

Anothe Good Movie is 'MR AND MRS SMITH' Staring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Synopsis: Mr. and Mrs. Smith look like an average married couple, and they are dealing with a problem many couples face after a few years together ... boredom. Soon, Mr. and Mrs. Smith inadvertently discover the secret to spicing up their marriage, when it is revealed both parties are leading a double life as high-profile assassins. It is only after they are hired to kill each other by independent parties that the truth is revealed and their relationship really heats up. For those that like action none stop this is the one for you!!! Love :D this flick!!!! On a 1 to 10 I would give it a 8

Attached Files:

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Planet of The Apes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All in all I thought the remake of this movie was pretty good but not as entertaining as the original. The special effects such as the costumes were different but good in both movies. If I had to make a choice as to which one I would have to watch tonight I would choose the original with Charlton Heston, I just enjoyed it more.

4. musicman

Just saw this today "WAR OF THE WORLDS'
    Tom Cruise. A contemporary retelling of H.G. Wells's seminal classic, the sci-fi adventure thriller reveals the extraordinary battle for the future of humankind through the eyes of one American family fighting to survive it. This is quite gruesome and the body count is high. Special effects are outstanding to say the least. I have seen the orig many...many times but in the current version it needed more depth like the original. On a 1 to 10 I would give it 7

Attached Files:

5. musicman

Star Wars Episode III
    Synopsis: The galaxy is weary after three long years of war. Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi have become legendary heroes in their campaigns against the droid forces of the evil General Grievous. Anakin and his secret wife, Padme Amidala, have been separated for months, and he finally reunites with her to learn that she is pregnant. He is plagued by visions of her dying in childbirth, haunting images of a possible future. Anakin is determined to stop her from dying, no matter the cost. This leads Anakin down a dark path to commit terrible deeds. Obi-Wan Kenobi must face his former apprentice in a ferocious lightsaber duel on the fiery world of Mustafar.
    I found this to be the best of the other 2 that have been released. Special effects are fabulous and action packed to say the least. Now I have a soft heart for the orig back in the 70 and early 80....I feel that its pretty hard to top those. On a 1 to 10 I give this a 8

Attached Files:

6. musicman

Another sequel to the Batman saga.....great action flick....special effects outstanding.The origins of the Batman legend and the Dark Knight's emergence as a force for good in Gotham. In the wake of his parents' murder, disillusioned industrial heir Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) travels the world seeking the means to fight injustice and turn fear against those who prey on the fearful. He returns to Gotham and unveils his alter-ego: Batman, a masked crusader who uses his strength, intellect and an array of high tech deceptions to fight the sinister forces that threaten the city.

Attached Files:

7. musicman

Here's a movie going way back for those of us that remember Bing Crosby Its called A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (1949). This was a tale of a man whom is transported back to King Arthurs Time and the trouble he gets in trying to get back to his time.
    On a 1 to 10 I rate this one a perfect 10

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.