Move Win2k Server (DC) to larger HD

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by ras2a, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ras2a

ras2a Registered Member

Here's what I want to achieve:

We have a Windows 2000 Server that acts as our Domain Controller. It also has SQL / Exchange installed. Now, we are drastically running out of space on the main system drive (which is partitioned into C: & D:). We have just purchased a new 73GB SCSI drive and would like to clone the system drive (SCSI) to the larger disk. I have several questions:

1) Should I use Migrate Easy or True Image for this - which is easiest and has less chance of problems?..it would be good if I could (safely) adjust the partition sizes on the destination drive (if this is possible?)
    2) We use the server as our mail / database server, are there any special considerations we should take into account, such as stopping services etc on the server before cloning ?
    4) I have our exchange databases stored on a seperate physical disk (designated F:), Does anyone forsee problems (after cloning) with the fact that the databases are not on the disk being cloned?
    5) Will I be able to clone the (original) entire drive in one go or will I have to do both C: & D: partitions?
    6) I think the current system drive has a couple of Bad blocks - Would this get duplicated to the new drive? Obviously I will run 'chkdsk' to try and repair any errors on original disk before I clone.
    :cool: How do I go about setting the new drive to be the 'boot' drive after cloning is complete and will I receive errors about page file incorrect size etc as I've seen mentioned on this site?

Many Many thanks in advance for any help - It is much appreciated

Craig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.