Move Win2k Server (DC) to larger HD

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by ras2a, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ras2a

ras2a Registered Member

Here's what I want to achieve:

We have a Windows 2000 Server that acts as our Domain Controller. It also has SQL / Exchange installed. Now, we are drastically running out of space on the main system drive (which is partitioned into C: & D:). We have just purchased a new 73GB SCSI drive and would like to clone the system drive (SCSI) to the larger disk. I have several questions:

1) Should I use Migrate Easy or True Image for this - which is easiest and has less chance of problems?..it would be good if I could (safely) adjust the partition sizes on the destination drive (if this is possible?)
    2) We use the server as our mail / database server, are there any special considerations we should take into account, such as stopping services etc on the server before cloning ?
    4) I have our exchange databases stored on a seperate physical disk (designated F:), Does anyone forsee problems (after cloning) with the fact that the databases are not on the disk being cloned?
    5) Will I be able to clone the (original) entire drive in one go or will I have to do both C: & D: partitions?
    6) I think the current system drive has a couple of Bad blocks - Would this get duplicated to the new drive? Obviously I will run 'chkdsk' to try and repair any errors on original disk before I clone.
    :cool: How do I go about setting the new drive to be the 'boot' drive after cloning is complete and will I receive errors about page file incorrect size etc as I've seen mentioned on this site?

Many Many thanks in advance for any help - It is much appreciated

Craig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.