Mouse support during restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AllanJ, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllanJ

AllanJ Registered Member

Hey Guys

I purchased TI Home last week from a local Staples (V10 - I didn't know there was a V11) for a new Dell XPS410 with XP SP2. I also purchased a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse with the Dell. So far, TI has worked just fine and I've had the chance to test it in real life. :-*

The only issue I had restoring the image (from an external HD) was that my mouse wasn't mousing - the pointer was there, but it would only move vertically on the right 2/3 portion of the screen. No horizontal motion at all; just vertically in one spot. I was able to finish the restore using the keyboard, although I was never able to restore the two smaller Fat32 and Fat16 partitions because I couldn't get the checkboxes to "check". Fortunately, the C:\ image restored perfectly and I was back up with no problems.

So what's up with the mouse on this machine? It it unable to function outside of Windows or do I need to load it's drivers somehow when the boot cd is run? It's the first wireless keyboard I've ever owned so I'm not all that familiar with the differences between it and a basic PNP USB mouse.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Best,
    Allan

2. DerPriester1970

DerPriester1970 Registered Member

Known problem since all versions, but no bugfix.

3. salzan

salzan Registered Member

I have the same problem with my Wacom USB tablet mouse. Funny thing is, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...

Did you try the "spacebar" to select the boxes once you tabbed to them?

4. Long View

Long View Registered Member

using the emergency cd try this:

press F11 when the Acronis screen comes up and enter usbmouse=off

you may need to try this a few times as you must press F11 at the right time to get the screen to come up where you enter usbmouse=off.

If this works then send an email to Acronis explaining the situation and then will send you back an iso which will allw you to burn an emergency CD that works with the wireless mouse.

5. Long View

see post #4 Acronis fixed the problem for me re a logitech cordless mouse

6. AllanJ

AllanJ Registered Member

Thanks everyone. It looks like I have some options.

"Did you try the "spacebar" to select the boxes once you tabbed to them?

Well, I thought I did. I'll take another look at everything. I was thinking of plugging in a regular USB mouse/keyboard and trying that too. I've always got a couple of them laying around.

Best,
    Allan

7. sarutaro

sarutaro Registered Member

I have Microsoft wireless 6000 keyboard and mouse. Booting with any boot disks including ATI emergency disk does not allow to work with any wireless system. I use wired mouse and keyboard. Bingo! No problem.

8. Long View

have you tried usbmouse=off ?

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AllanJ, salzan and sarutaro,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

To use wireless mouse with Acronis Bootable Rescue Media (full version) please make sure that "USB legacy support" option is disabled in BIOS.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.