Mouse software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tony, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Hi, is there any mouse software out there that gives a lot more functionality with the mouse.

My Logitech software is pretty naff and i dont have the control over my mouse as i would like.

When i used PclinuxOS, i had good control such as pushing my wheel either left or right would make my browser pages go back or forward, and i have no such options with my Logitech software.

2. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Have you tried the Logitech SetPoint 4.00 software? there's also an uber version that gives you plenty more options.

...screamer

3. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Thanks Screamer :) i`ll give it a try with the latest version.

It does seem to be a very large download, just under 60mb to add user functions for a mouse.

After doing a google, there seems to be a never ending sequence of complaints about the software.

4. screamer

I had severe issues w/ ver. 3.30 or was it ver. 3.10. I also don't use the uber version. I use the latest and it's a big jump from the previous version. I haven't had any problems w/ the latest version. But of course YMMV.

...screamer

5. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I have a DeNovo Bluetooth Media Desktop mouse and keyboard set, I use a two part Bluetooth combo

1. SetPoint 2.22 Bluetooth-File Size: Approximately 52 Mb
    2.Setpoint 3.30 BT XP File Size: Approximately 105 Mb

The software does suck, they want you to install it doing a clean boot. Doing the the install is a dodgy affair, sometimes if you do both parts from just a clean boot the GUI wont have both a mouse tab and a keyboard tab and the GUI tends to flash very rapidly. So I do the first part from safe mode in a clean boot and the second half just in a clean boot.

6. screamer

I just checked and my version is 4.00.121. It was 3.30 I had all the problems with. Scrolling was my biggest issue. I had to keep clicking on the page 'cause it would loose focus. I don't have any issues anymore.

...screamer

7. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Guess i will give up as my first attempt at installing the latest version of setpoint ended with no options in the settings page after installation and a reboot.
    The second attempt i was stuck with the installation process for an hour.

As i dont really gain much in the way of extra functionality with the software that came with the mouse i will leave things as they are.
    Maybe a new mouse for christmas.

Thanks for the help :)

8. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

'...new mouse for X-mas'?

Hmm... how bout a white one, a lab mice :D Or a bigger one... a spotted mini-guinea pig??

:D LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.