Mouse movement causes reboot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sgomon, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgomon

sgomon Registered Member

I am trying to create a drive image. I booted off the True Image 10 rescue disk that I made. If I move the mouse after True Image has started, the computer will reboot. It is a PS2 mouse. I have used True Image 10 on my laptop with a wireless USB mouse and had no problems at all. Any ideas?

2. mareke

mareke Registered Member

If you only want to make an image of a drive you can do it perfectly well within Windows. Some Bios options allow you to specify that the computer will boot if the mouse is moved. It's unlikely to have anything to do with the problem but just in case check that you haven't specified this in the bios. Make sure you are using the latest TI. If your computer reboots this way when you move the mouse you won't be able to restore an image unless you use a USB mouse or only use the keyboard which would be annoying to say the least. I've had my computer reboot like yours does when using the TI rescue disk although not from moving the mouse but discovered that other rescue disks made with different versions of TI don't do this.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.