Mouse for a MAC

Discussion in 'all things Mac' started by bellgamin, Jan 18, 2021.

1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I seek a good wireless mouse for my new Mac Air laptop. I prefer a mouse that runs on user-inserted batteries but will also consider rechargeable. I am new to MACs. I use my computer for business & surfing the net -- not online gaming.

Any & all mouse recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

2. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

4. Alec

Alec Registered Member

I also use Apple's Magic Mouse 2. One thing I would point out, that people new to the Mac might not realize... is that while Apple's mouse looks like it doesn't have any buttons or a scroll wheel... it actually is a two-button mouse, and does have scroll functionality. You click on the top-left corner or the top-right corner for the two buttons, just as you would if they were individually separated. For the scroll, the whole top surface functions as a scroll wheel responsive to finger swipes up and down (you can also swipe left or right for horizontal scrolling or functionality like page forward / backward in Safari). It's all pretty intuitive once you are used to it, but certainly not for everyone. It is rechargeable, not replaceable batteries (as I recall, the original Magic Mouse had replaceable batteries). The one design drawback of this mouse is you have to flip it over to charge it, so it's annoying and can only be done when not in use, like overnight.

5. ProTruckDriver

I would like also to point out to people that are new to Mac's. If your getting a iMac 27 inch and using Apple's Magic Mouse 2 in order to move the pointer on the screen horizontally from one side to the other the mouse has to move a little over 5 inches on the mouse pad. That is at best setting for the mouse.
    Logitech Mouse the pointer from side to side the mouse moves less than 1 inch on the mouse pad.
    Although the Magic Mouse is nice for laptops.

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I am checking them all out. I am a "mouse junkie" so I'll probably acquire at least 2 or 3 so please keep the suggestions coming. I have zero confidence in Amazon's reviews so I would much prefer to rely on the folks here at Wilders.

I notice that a lot of Amazon's mouses are branded "Jelly Comb" -- such as THIS MOUSE. Are they any good?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  7. XIII

XIII Registered Member

Although I use a mouse with my Windows PC, I don’t use a mouse on my Mac.

Apple’s Magic Trackpad is so much nicer on macOS (than a mouse).

8. ProTruckDriver

I've been using the MX Master S2 on my Mac, but lately I'm starting to use the Magic Trackpad 2. It takes a bit to get use to but I like it so far.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7vK0uhqLy0

9. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Magic Mouse 2. Don't run two Macs in the same room at the same time. The Bluetooth reception will be canceled out and it using the mouse will be an exercise in frustration.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.