Mouse Cursor Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by johnpaul456, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnpaul456

johnpaul456 Registered Member

Hi,
    Although I have asked before I thought I'd try again. Can anyone tell me why
    using a Boot Disk we get Acronis up and running the mouse cursor will not behave. It only wants to go right & finally slides off the screen altogether. This makes restoring difficult. Look forward to any help.
    Many thanks
    John

2. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

it helps when you indicate what product and version

3. johnpaul456

johnpaul456 Registered Member

We have True Image for Windows Server V. 8.0 Build 1,018

4. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

John,

Try inserting the usbmouse=off parameter the same way as detailed in the Please Read Before You Post sticky for quiet acpi=off noapic. Sometimes both parameters are required (the usbmouse as well as the acpi).

5. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

was using Ti 8.0 lattest home version and had same problem, no problem with the lattest Ti 9.0.3677, suggest the lattest version, you should be offered the upgrade at your registered product page, if not registered you need to create an account, register your product and get the lattest build.

6. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Follow-up:

If the above parameters do not help and you have a wireless mouse, try using a wired mouse instead.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello johnpaul456,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please do as bVolk has suggested and try booting with "usbmouse=off" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post (use "usbmouse=off" instead of "acpi=off noapic").

Note that since you use an older version of Acronis True Image you should press 'F11' key when "Starting Acronis Loader..." message rather than selection screen appears (version 8.0 Bootable Rescue CD does not have a selection screen).

If booting with "usbmouse=off" parameter does not help and you are using a non-USB keyboard, please also try disabling 'USB Legacy Support' or 'USB Keyboard Support' in your computer BIOS settings.

If that does not help either then please download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows, create new Bootable Rescue CD, boot your computer from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem is gone, please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows, please boot your computer from this Bootable Rescue CD once more and create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please keep your mouse connected while creating Linux system information (sysinfo.txt).

Note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Let us know the exact vendor, model and connection type of your mouse;

- Describe mouse behavior in detail.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.