Mounting converted .tib -> .vhd Fails in Hyper-V Stand Alone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ccboperations, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccboperations

ccboperations Registered Member

Anyone have any luck converting a .tib to a .vhd and getting it boot in the Stand Alone Free Hyper-V from Microsoft? We just get boot device failures or a blinking cursor only when starting it up. We are converting them with True Image Echo Workstation version 8163 but are downloading 8206 today to try that as well.

Not sure if there is a trick to getting the hard drive to be recognized like in ESX where you have to supply the floppy image with drivers on it (F6 when Windows starts) type issue.

Any help is appreciated, waiting on tech support for their ideas. :shifty:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ccboperations,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Check the following Step-by-step instructions on how to convert a backup archive (*.tib) to virtual hard disk (*.vhd) and import it to Hyper-V. Use this link.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. ccboperations

ccboperations Registered Member

Thanks but as I mentioned in my original post, I have seen those instructions and have no issue mounting other .vhd files from Virtual PC or Server on the Hyper-V. Also, I am not using the Hyper-V on top of Windows 2008, I am using the Stand Alone version on Hyper-V. Does Acronis support this? All your instructions point to the Hyper-V on top of Windows 2008 GUI OS and not the stand alone bare metal install.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ccboperations,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

The convert option of Acronis True Image Echo was tested on top of Windows 2008 GUI. If you want to give the issue a closer investigation, please contact Acronis support here, we will create a special task for QA.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.