mounting CIFS failed on NTFS volume enabled by Paragon

Discussion in 'NTFS/HFS+ for Android' started by DavidDe, Jan 23, 2016.

1. DavidDe

DavidDe Registered Member

To enable NTFS volume for my Android (v4.3 - Kernel 3.4.0+) device (Phone), I've installed `Paragon exFAT, NTFS & HFS&` app and successfully mounted my NTFS external sdcard. The problem is that I am receiving error `mounting ... failed: Device not found.` when I try mounting CIFS on `/storage/sdcard1/mydir` (sdcard1 referring to my NTFS-formatted external sdcard).

I am thinking that this NTFS volume (that is enabled by Paragon) is not supporting mounting operations; because, I am receiving the same error message (mounting failed: Device not found) when I try mounting on a FAT32 volume (we know that FAT32 doesn't support mounting). However, my another Android (v4.3.1 - Kernel 3.1.10-cyanogenmod) device (Tablet) can recognize and mount NTFS-formatted sdcards automatically (without installing Paragon app) and also can accept CIFS mountpoints happily.

After all, my question is that why the NTFS-formatted external sdcard can accept CIFS mounting through my Tablet (which automatically recognize/mount NTFS volumes) but not through my Phone (which needs Paragon app for mounting the NTFS volume)! And, how can I remove that mounting error for my Phone device?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.