mounted drive is not accessible

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by oregonjohn, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oregonjohn

oregonjohn Registered Member

Win98SE
    Acronis TrueImage 8.0 (Build 937)
    I did research the FAQ and Forum topics.

I found nothing in the FAQ. Everything I found in the Forum indicates this feature was broken before, and that appears to still be the case at least for me.

I get my images created just fine, even across networks. They even restore just fine (after I learned I had to stop Norton Protection on the drive I was attempting to restore).

But when I go to use the Explore Image function it fails. TrueImage tells me that assigning drive letters has been successful. I see a new drive letter in Explorer but when I try to open the newly mounted drive I get the message that the device is not accessible.

I have been updating for some time so I thought I'd remove the software and reinstall with the latest build. That didn't help, I still have the same problem.

I guess I try to find an old version somewhere (can I download it from the web site and use my more current registration number?). That worked for at least one person in the forums, but it is not a practice I want to rely upon.

You are so close to having a great product. I'll keep waiting for a while but at some point I'll completely abandon your products and I would rather not do that. *puppy*

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello oregonjohn,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please verify the image using the "Check Image" tool? Also please clarify whether you tried to restore the same image or another one? Three latest builds are available on update page under "Full history of changes" link.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. oregonjohn

oregonjohn Registered Member

I did varify the images. The one test image I did restored fine. I just can't seem to view the images once I have been told that they are mounted. I can see the new drive letter in Explorer but the mounted images have a size of 0 bytes, which is clearly wrong, and the image cannot be explorered.

Unless you have a quick solution, my next test will be to create a fresh Win98SE install on a different HDD and see if I can view an image there.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello oregonjohn,

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also do the following:

- Download SetupApiLog.zip, unpack it and run in order to add the information to the Windows registry;
    - Delete \Windows\setupapi.log and reboot the computer;
    - Reproduce the problem and collect the setupapi.log file;

Send all the collected files to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.