Mount OSX HDD Image On XP Virtual Environment

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by frank7, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frank7

frank7 Registered Member

In this thread I have learned that for example FTK Imager can create a 1:1 copy of the drive, now my question is, if it is possible to mount such an image into a virtual environment on a system with a different OS than the OS on the image?

A client of mine has got an old Mac laptop where the screen keeps flickering due to the cable connection between the screen and the mainboard being partly broken and/or old. The graphics card is fine though, it is merely the cable connection from the graphics card/mainboard to the screen that has become faulty over the years. The hard disk is perfectly fine though. The client now would like to mount the image of the Mac disk in a virtual environment on a Windows machine.

Is it possible to mount disk images including the Mac OS in a virtual environment on a Windows machine? What software would I need for that? I guess if it is not possible at least the files will be transferred to the new system.

Thanks for any input towards this. I hope this belongs in this section of the forum, if not please do move it.

2. frank7

frank7 Registered Member

I think by now I can answer this post myself.

I did search for "virtualbox mount dd image" on a know big search engine.

This lead me to this thread:

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?p=61111

and to this solution:

http://www.pinguin.lu/

I hope this can be of any help here. If any one like to add any thing to this with personal experience please do not refrain to do so.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.