Mount Image vs. Plug Image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Gbull, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gbull

Gbull Registered Member

I just purchased TI Home Ver 9.0 (Build 2,323). The documentation refers to "mounting" and "unmounting" an image. I was, in fact, able to successfully mount and unmount an archive image with a trial version of TI before purchasing the full version.

The purchased version has the commands "Plug Image" and "Unplug Image" on the Operations menu. Does the term "Plug Image" refer to the same operation as "Mount Image" or is there a difference between "mounting an image" and "plugging an image"?

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Same thing. For some reason they decided to change the terminology.

3. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

If you right click on an image file you get both Plug and Mount options:-*

John.

4. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

John,
    I don't see that in build 3633. I have only the entry to Mount. Could that be a carry-over from having a previous version installed? Very strange indeed.

5. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Only have Mount with build 3567 as well.

6. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Using build 3633, also noticed this in the previous build.

I normally install over a current version so the situation could be a carry over.

On right clicking either Mount or Plug it takes me to the "Mount Image Wizard" in both cases.

John.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Gbull,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that starting from build 3657 the embedded 'Plug Image' tool name was changed to 'Mount Image'. We recommend that you download and install the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site. To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall build 2323 by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3633.

If there are still both 'Plug' and 'Mount' options when you right-click on the '.tib' file in Windows Explorer then please do as I have suggested in this previous post of mine.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

You may also find Acronis True Image 9.0 Home FAQ page helpful.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

8. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.